The art of online marketing has become an integral part of e-commerce in the recent past and includes various organizations’ presentations. The fundamental tool company’s use for this is e-mail marketing since it is effective communication. E-mail marketing is not a new concept for marketers. It has been there for more than 30 years now. However, the past few years have seen tremendous growth in e-mail marketing concepts, mainly due to its ability to generate, build, and nurture customer leads.
E-mail marketing has remained an integral and consistent tool for any Shopify store owner. It allows the user to reach clients directly in their mailbox, which is different from other media marketing strategies used on the site. You can grow your customer’s web and automatically get any potential or existing buyer in your store through this.
There is an endless list of e-mail marketing apps today, and many are similar in their pricing and the features they offer. In such a sea of similarity and confusion on which one is right for your eCommerce business, this guide provides you with the much-needed help to choose only the best that suits your business needs.
Best 20 Top Shopify E-mail Marketing Apps
1. Privy- Pop-Ups, E-mail, & SMS
Pricing: 15-days free trial and 4-tier pricing plans including a free plan, $15 per month starter plan, $45 per month growth plan, and $70 per month for conversion-only plan, each with different features.
Rating: 4.7 out of possible 5 stars
About: Privy-Pop-Ups, E-mail & SMS is suitable for both small and large e-commerce scales seeking to grow their website conversion of visitors into subscribers, generate customer leads, and build e-mail lists. It integrates well with both Shopify and Shopify Plus to allow its users to register their accounts and launch their campaigns with much ease. It does not require any prior coding and development skills to set up; Privy gives you the perfect opportunity to begin through its conversion tools.
Best for: Just like the name suggests, Privy is the best for startup individuals and companies with little skills and knowledge on e-mail marketing
- E-mail automation for customer follow-up
- Automatic sync of contacts to Klaviyo and Mailchimp
- Mobile-friendly displays
- Supports custom storefronts
- Single-use and bulk coupon code integration
- Drag and drop e-mail builder
- Revenue tracker for your store
- It offers an in-depth analysis using various metrics to help you track the performance of your campaigns with ease
- Automated and easy to use
- Gorgeous e-mail templates
- Customized campaigns to fit your visitor’s needs
- It is not easy to create and modify e-mail popups
- The customer support team is sometimes slow to respond to queries
Pricing: 3-tier pricing plan including a free program which gives the ability to send up to 500 e-mails every month, the standard plan for $16 per month, and the pro plan for $59 per month
Rating: 4.6 out of the possible 5 stars
About: It is one of the best multichannel e-mail marketing solutions. Its design helps the Shopify store owners to grow their revenues efficiently. The app is robust automation of e-mail workflow, which allows you to customize your e-mail templates based on customer desires.
Best for: Omnisend is the best app for any marketer wishing to have diverse marketing capabilities.
- Responsive e-mail templates
- Push notifications
- Dynamic coupon codes generators
- Broad audience and product targeting
- Pre-build workflows
- Powerful segmentation tools
- Drop and drag e-mail editors
- Pop-ups builder
- Robust reporting
- The system required knowledge and skills to understand
- Limited e-mail templates for users
Rating: 4.3 out of the possible 5 stars
Pricing: Prices include a free plan with 500 e-mail sends and up to 250 contacts, then $30 per month for 1000 contact and unlimited e-mail sends, $100 per month for 5000 contact and unlimited e-mail sends, and $175 per month for 10,000 contacts and unlimited e-mail sends.
About: Klaviyo is another excellent app in the eCommerce arena for e-mail marketing. It offers a wide range of marketing tools specifically for eCommerce businesses that significantly match Shopify store owners. Its integration with Shopify is quick, making it easier to use for companies and individuals owning stores on Shopify.
Best for: Both intermediate and pro users.
- Automatic synchronization
- Product recommendations on e-mail templates
- Dynamic coupon codes
- Customer data science
- Advanced analytics
- ROI-based tracking
- Free plan with a higher number of e-mail and contacts
- Ease to integrate with Shopify
- Slow customer help responses
- No room for additional or upfront customers
4. AVADA Marketing Automation
Rating: 4.9 out of 5 possible stars from 329 reviews
Pricing: 4-tier pricing plan starting from free plan with up to 5,000 e-mail sends and 500 contacts per month, a pro plan for $9 per month with unlimited e-mail sends and unlimited automation flows, an advanced plan for $49 per month which includes 2500 contacts per month, and finally the enterprise plan with customized pricing rates.
About: AVADA is one of the most awesome e-mail marketing apps we have right now. As a Shopify store owner, the app will help you convert your potential customers to long-life customers. Its design is meant to optimize any abandoned cart campaigns and follow up with your visitors to remind them of purchase.
Best for: Any type or size of e-commerce business
- Automatic e-mail templates
- Welcome e-mail sends for newcomers
- Drag and drop e-mail tools
- Easy to use popups to collect customer leads easily
- Customized drag and drop page builders
- Unlimited design options
- Premium plugins included
- Automatic integration with Shopify
- Additional skills required for optimal performance
- The app is less intuitive
Pricing: Starting from $9.99 per month with a 14-day free trial, $27 per month for the beginner option, $69.95 for the advanced plan, and $399.95 per month for enterprise options.
Rating: 5 out of possible 5 stars from 5 reviews
About: E-mail is ultimately one of the best solutions for e-mail marketing on Shopify stores. It is designed with peculiar and powerful automation tools to help you convert any abandoned carts. Multiple templates give the user a beautiful and functional outlook.
Best for: Any enterprise or individual with a Shopify account
- Lists and segmentations
- Personalized content
- Build-in popups
- Detailed data analysis for your campaign
- Live chatbox
- Excellent customer support
- Excellent automation
- In-built popups
- No skills or knowledge required for startup
- Beautiful templates
- Expensive pricing plans
Pricing: 4-tier pricing plans starting from $15 per month for the lite plan, $70 per month for the plus plan, $159 per month for the professional plan, and $279 per month for the enterprise plan.
Rating: 4.4 out of possible 5 stars from 351 reviews
About: This is another fantastic app for your e-mail marketing job. Its unique features help you reach a wide range of rightful customers with the correct messages. It is automated and has an advanced segmentation for ease of sending e-mails. The app places your store on the best foot forward to help your e-business scale to the next level.
Best For: Any individual or enterprise looking for quick automation on their e-mail system
- ROI-based tracking and reporting
- Automated welcome messages
- Automated workflows
- Automatic upsell and cross-sell for shoppers
- Timely messaging and customer support system
- Easy and powerful automation tools
- Powerful segmentation
- The pricing is high
- Some features require knowledge and skills for optimal performance
Pricing: There is a free plan, but the general pricing start from $10 per month for 1000 e-mail sends.
Rating: 4.8 out of possible 5 stars from 578 reviews
About: This is the best for anyone looking for e-mail marketing integrated explicitly with Shopify. You can create, manage, and track all your e-mails right from your Shopify store as a user. It is also suitable for both individual and large enterprises use.
- Ability to create, manage and track e-mails without going outside your Shopify store
- A dedicated user interface to make layout and workflows easy and logical
- Access to beautiful templates
- Customized e-mail products and collections
- Unique discount code
- Automated touchpoint
- Insightful reporting
- Native integration with Shopify stores
- Limited advanced features
- Limited automation triggers
8. Jilt E-mail Marketing
Pricing: Starts with a free limited plan with 300 contacts and 600 e-mail sends per month. Then, there is the growth plan for $29 per month with 1000 contacts, and unlimited e-mail sends.
Rating: 4.8 from 426 votes
About: Jilt is among the best Shopify e-mail marketing apps to grow your customer leads. Its excellent features have customers wanting to spend more time on the app website. It also offers great assistance to new beginners so, no worry if you are not skilled to startup on the e-mail marketing platform.
Best for: Small and big enterprises looking for personalized app features
- Automatic synchronization
- Simple and easy e-mail setup
- Welcome e-mail automation
- Automatic orders synchronization
- Quick support system
- Personalized e-mail domains
- Powerful e-mail campaigns
- Lacks contact exportation option
9. ConvertKit + Shopify App
Pricing: Free option and paid plans starting from $29 per month
Rating: 4 out of possible 5 stars from 1 review
Best for: Beginners looking to grow their businesses without using many skills
- Visual interface
- Automatic integration with Shopify
- Easy to use for anyone
- Easy migration services
- Landing page tools
- Limited features for advanced usage
Pricing: starting from $15 per month
Rating: 4.8 out of possible 5 stars from 790 reviews
Best for: Small and large enterprises looking to create customized e-mail easily
- Designer-made e-mail templates
- Automated campaigns
- Drag and drop e-mail editors
- One-click customer segmentation for quick responses
- Easy e-mail monitoring
- Robust reporting and e-mail tracking
- No free plan
Pricing: four-tier from free, lite, premium, and enterprise
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars from 1379 votes
Best for: Entire marketing funnel looking for a solution in e-mail marketing automation
- Access to real-time e-mail metrics
- Powerful and intuitive e-mail builders
- Boosted e-mail delivery
- Automatic synchronization with Shopify store
- Powerful and beautiful features
- Easy integration with Shopify store
- Comprehensive e-mail delivery
- Automated web push and e-mail campaigns
- Some features are basic
- It uses liquid programming, which requires some knowledge and skills for optimum results
Pricing: starting from free to pro and enterprise plans
Rating: 4.8 from 1517 reviews
Best for: Experienced e-mail marketers
- Ultrafast landing pages
- Advanced personalization of templates
- Quick Shopify integration
- Free plan
- Automation capabilities
- Easy to use and customizable template features
- Limited analytic capabilities
Pricing: Starting from free to a one-time payment of $49 per the theme
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars from 637 reviews
Best for: Professionals looking for magical e-mail designs
- Customizable e-mail templates
- Product recommendations
- Automatic e-mail notification
- Professional e-mail templates
- Easy translations
- Safe and easy installation
- Customizable features
- Sells more without product recommendations and discount codes
- A limited number of e-mail templates
- Few numbers stores
Pricing: Free to $30 and $50 per month paid plans
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Automatic creation of segments using the customer history
- 1-click addition of popup forms to Shopify store
- Unbeatable delivery rates
- Powerful free plan
Pricing: From $33 basic plan to $78 per month plan
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars from 7 reviews
Best for: Small and medium-sized enterprises setting foot in e-mail marketing
- Superfast integration
- Automatic generation of product recommendations
- Automatic generation of e-mail designs
- Smart segmentation
16. Constant Contact
Pricing: from $20 per month for 500 contacts to $95 per month for 10,000 contacts
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Best for: Big enterprise wishing to have constant management of events and looking for better value for their money
- Constant Contact
- Pre-built segments for new user
- Drag and drop blocks
- Quick integration with Shopify
Pricing: from $15 per month for 1,000 contacts and unlimited e-mail sends to $65 per month with 10,000 contacts and unlimited e-mail sends
Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Best for: Large enterprises
- Advanced automation
- Ready-to-go templates
- Post-purchase e-mails
- Automatic addition of recommended products
Pricing: From $99 per month for 1000 contacts to $189 per month for 10,000 contacts.
Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars from 32o votes
- Reward point programs
- Lead capture forms
- Feedback forms
19. Campaign Monitor
Pricing: Starting from $9 per month to $149 per month
Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars from 650 reviews
- Drop-and-build e-mail builder
- Hundreds of integration
- Visual journey builder
- White label reseller options
Pricing: from $13 per month
Rating: 5 out of 5 from 6 votes
- Lead generation
- Landing pages
- Affordable and basic
- Easy to embed lead capture forms
How to set up Shopify e-mail marketing
No matter how sophisticated your e-mail marketing strategy looks, the first step to setting up begins with choosing the best marketing services for your store and the subsequent establishment of a marketing plan. Shopify allows you to send e-mails to prospective customers who have subscribed to various e-mail marketing tools from your store.
This is not an uphill task as many would expect. You need to create and add a subject for your e-mails. As a Shopify store owner, the following steps will help you in setting up an e-mail marketing for your store:
Step #1. On your Shopify store, click on the Marketing tab
Step #2. Then click on the create campaign
Step #3. Then click on the Shopify E-mail tab
Step #4. Choose an e-mail template from the list displayed
Step #5. Enter the e-mail subject
You can set up e-mail marketing for your store using these five steps. Either, you can customize the content of your e-mail immediately after you are done with the five steps above.
Shopify e-mail marketing FAQs
- What’s the benefit of Shopify e-mail marketing
E-mail marketing is currently one of the best and most effective marketing tools for you to reach a wide range of customers. Shopify e-mail marketing helps you enterprises grow their customer web by using powerful marketing strategies.
- How to send Mailchimp marketing e-mail with Shopify?
Sending a Mailchimp marketing e-mail using Shopify follows several steps:
Step #1. Log in to your store
Step #2. Then click on the apps and click on the Shop for apps
Step #3. Search for Mailchimp among the listing and select it
Step #4. Click on the installation and choose to continue
Step #5. Click the connect
Step #6. Once complete, input your Mailchimp credentials and click on the login
Step #7. Click on the allow prompt
Step #8. Select the Mailchimp audience to sync with.
- Can you send automated e-mails with Shopify e-mail?
From your Shopify admin, it is possible to create and send e-mails directly to your customers
- How do I manage e-mails on Shopify?
A few steps:
Step #1. On the settings
Step #2. Then, click the store settings tab.
Step #3. On the contact information, click to edit
Step #4. Change the e-mail address using the Sender e-mail and click to save the changes.
- Is Shopify e-mail marketing free? What’s the cost?
It starts from free to payment plans every month based on several contacts.
- How to build a Shopify e-mail list?
There are four steps to building a Shopify e-mail list:
#1 Add a pop up back up to your homepage
#2 Sign up an e-mail form on the website navigation
#3 Collect all e-mail addresses at the following e-mail pop up event
#4 use the signup button embedded on the media channels
- How many e-mails should you send?
On Shopify, you are allowed to send up to 5 campaign activities every week.